Tuesday 29 May 2012

L'oreal Eyeshadows....Infallible and ColorAppeal

“I’m not infallible but my eyeshadow is” 

This is the catchphrase of these unique eyeshadows, they are ultra concentrated and the pigmentation is amazing.  L’oreal states that additional binders (oils) coat and magnify the colour pigments to reveal beautiful shimmer and maximised colour.  The colour adheres to the eyelid as durable and comfortably as a second skin and lasts for up to 24 hours. 

I haven’t tested them out for 24 hours and I’m not sure I’d like to be wearing my eyeshadow (or make up!) for 24 hours straight either.  But for the periods I have worn these there has been no smudging, creasing or fading, usually 8-10 hours of wear.

Available in 9 velvety shades, of which I have 6 in my collection.

Hourglass Beige – a creamy beige
Flashback Silver – a glamorous darker silver
Purple Obsession – a dark purple-black
All Night Blue – an amazing midnight blue
Endless Chocolate – a true dark brown
Permanent Kaki – a divine army green



The packaging is quite glamorous and you can see the colour through the lid, which I always find appealing.  You turn the pot over and unscrew the lid (this is a little different as the lid is on the back of the pot and ultimately are dipping into what seems like the bottom of the product).  There is a little “cap” to hold the eyeshadow in the pot, it’s best to keep this little cap as the eyeshadow is like a mixture of cream and powder and as far as I can see the cap maintains the eyeshadow in its pressed form. 



Now for some swatches…..

Hourglass  Beige and Flashback Silver

Purple Obsession and All Night Blue

Endless Chocolate and Permanent Kaki

I’ve also used some of the shades to create two looks below…..

Hourglass Beige used on the inner corner and upper
two thirds of the lid and lower third and
Endless Chocolate used on the outer third and lower
two thirds and also smudged along the upper
lashline and waterline
Mascara - L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black
Brows - The Body Shop Brow Kit in Brunette
Hourglass Beige used on the inner corner, Permanent Kaki used on
the inner third, Purple Obsession used on the outer third and
All Night Blue used to deepen the outer edge and crease. 
All colours used in the same order on the lower lashline and
Purple Obsession was used on the waterline
Mascara - L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black
Brows - The Body Shop Brow Kit in Brunette


When I was picking up Purple Obsession, a couple of other colours from the ColorAppeal range caught my eye, so of course I had to pick up two of those too.



The ColorAppeal eyeshadow collections have been specially designed to offer women everywhere made-to-measure shades that enhance the colour of their eyes.  They have 3 ranges within the range being Chrome Shine, Chrome Intensity and of course Color Appeal.  I picked up ColorAppeal in Beige Platinum and a Chrome Intensity in Purple Obsession. 

 Here’s some swatches…..



The Beige Platinum will be a lovely colour used to highlight the brow and inner corner, as well as an all over wash of colour to the lid.

The Purple Obsession is a duo chrome finish of purple, blue and pink and is unlike anything I have in my collection.  However, I was a bit disappointed that it was not as pigmented as the infallible shadows.  Although I can’t wait to layer this over a black base!

All of these L’oreal eyeshadows do have a shimmer or satin look, so if you are concerned about fine lines or crepey eyelids then maybe you’ll have to give them a skip.

The Infallible and ColorAppeal eyeshadows retail for around AUS$15.00 each. 

Are you tempted to try these? 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment