Wednesday 17 September 2014

Lime Crime Lipstick Collection

Hello!!

Now that Spring is finally here I can start to wear some fun colours and today I thought I'd start a little series of my lipstick collections.

First up is the iconic lipstick tube that is orchid and features a silver unicorn.....of course it is Lime Crime.

Lime Crime is a cruelty free vegan make up brand from California, USA.  Their slogan is to be "a kick ass, true to colour, cruelty free cosmetics".  Sounds fun hey!

I love their lipsticks and so far I have 6 of them in my collection, well 7 really, but that one got melted down and joined my make up kit (Geradium was the colour if you wanted to know, plus Babette was passed onto my cousin).


So let's see some swatches and descriptions.....

L - R: Retrofuturist, Glamour 101, Centrifuschia, Countessa Fluorescent, Poisonberry and Airborne Unicorn


  • Retrofuturist - a true red, has slight orange undertones, one of the most wearable reds you'll ever find
  • Glamour 101 - a dark berry red with brown undertones, a very old Hollywood glamour colour
  • Centrifuschia - as the name suggests Fuschia, this is a mid toned pink
  • Countessa Fluorescent - on the darker end of a cool toned pink, much more wearable than most cool toned pinks which tend to be too light
  • Poisonberry - a very dark true purple, this is not for the faint hearted, love this colour for making a statement
  • Airborne Unicorn - if you ever wanted to try a lavender coloured lip, then this is it!
All Lime Crime lipsticks are very  creamy and moisturising.  They glide on so well and the colours are really pigmented!  The colour names are really fun too......

Lime Crime lipsticks can be purchased on line through a number of shopping sites, I mainly buy mine through Crush Cosmetics or Modelrock -  gotta love a pro discount ;)

Do you want to add any of these to your collection?
 
xx
 
PS - when my 6 year old daughter wanted some lipstick of her own I gave her an old Maybelline lipgloss, oh no she didn't want that "no Mummy I want the purple one with the unicorn" - she's got great taste already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment