Sunday 21 September 2014

MAC LIPSTICK COLLECTION

Hello again!!

So following on from my last post here is my MAC lipstick collection.....

I'll just do a little side note here, all of these items that I'm listing in my collection are my own lipsticks, they do not form part of my professional kit and are only used on myself.  In my professional kit I have a whole lot more MAC lipsticks! 

MAC lipsticks come in 9  different finishes, Matte, Satin, Frost, Cremesheen, Amplified, Amplified Creme, Dazzle, Glaze and Lustre.  That's a lot of different lipstick types.

So what made the cut for my collection......



Now a couple of these colours are not wearable everyday colours, but I like to mix things up a bit.....


L - R: Rebel, Pink Popcorn, Candy Yum-Yum, Saint Germain, Vegas Volt and Myth
  • Rebel - a dark berry red, this is a cult favourite among the make up community, it's one of those colours that suits everyone (satin finish)
  • Pink Popcorn - a sheer glossy warm toned light pinky-purple (lustre finish)
  • Candy Yum-Yum - a true hot pink, another cult favourite (matte finish)
  • Saint Germain - a light cool toned pink, think Nicki Minaj pink, not the most wearable colour, but good for an ombre lip or layering with a darker pink lipgloss (amplified finish)
  • Vegas Volt - a hot orange, my collection wouldn't be complete without an orange lipstick (amplified finish)
  • Myth - nude, almost concealer like, another colour that can be hard to wear but good for lightening a dark colour or layering under a darker nude lipgloss (satin finish)
I buy all my MAC lipsticks from the MAC Pro store in Melbourne (email orders for pro card members only) but you can buy them from the on-line store or the closest MAC store is Brisbane.

MAC lipsticks retail for $36.00 AUD so yes they are on the pricey side, but nothing beats pulling out the iconic black and silver MAC tube of lipstick.  Plus the scent of their lipsticks reminds me of what lipstick is supposed to smell like.....you know that smell of mum's or grandma's lipstick, takes me back to my childhood and trying on mum's lipsticks!


Are you going to invest in a MAC lipstick for your collection?
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment